Please refer to our website at www.privium.com.au for further details on the Pathfinder and CANVAS Series of homes.
TERMS OF THE WARRANTY
The warranty is granted only to the initial owner of the home and is not transferable to any future owner of the home.
The warranty only applies to homes under contract signed after 21 February 2019.
The warranty will protect your home from structural failure for a period of 25 years after the date of practical completion and covers any of the following:-
- Foundation systems, concrete or strip footings pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards;
- Structural timbers and steel in wall or roof framing where structural failure is defined under the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards;
- Load bearing brick work where structural failure is defined under the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards
The Australian Standards can be found at the Standards Web Shop https://infostore.saiglobal.com.
The warranty does not apply to the following:
- Any loss arising from non-compliance with your responsibilities outlined in this paragraph
- Defects caused by neglect or failure on your part to maintain your home or due to misuse of your home after practical completion
- Defects or damage caused due to a failure to following our recommendations for maintenance and care of your new home including but not limited to landscaping recommendations, drainage or termite treatment maintenance
- Defects or damage caused by any natural forces, storms, fire, earthquake, wind, flooding
- Defects or damaged caused by tree roots or plant growth
- Defects or damaged caused by an act of terrorism
- Fair, wear and tear
- Minor cracking
- Defects or damage caused to floor coverings due to slab failure due to lack of maintenance
- Any renovations or additions including structural changes (pools or extensive landscaping) made after practical completion
- Marks, scratches, dents or defects to any non-structural items
Whilst the warranty provides you with peace of mind, you are still required to maintain your home in accordance with the builder’s documentation provided to you at handover. In addition to any maintenance precautions, the guides below can also provide you with information to care for your new home after completion. Any failure to property maintains the fittings or fixtures on your land including any drains, pipes, plumbing works and electrical wiring and appliances, will void your 25 year structural warranty.
|QLD||· QBCC guide – A Guide to Preventing Structural Damage|
· STA – Home Owners Reference Guide
|VIC||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide|
· New Home Guide – Guide to Planning Landscaping and Maintenance of Foundations document (provided to you at settlement of your new home)
|NSW||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide|
|SA||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide|
These documents are also available from your customer support coordinator.
How to make a claim?
Any claim under the warranty, is to be made in writing and either emailed or posted to the party who is giving the warranty.
Once your claim is received:
- Your claim will be reviewed and a representative from our company will contact you to attend an inspection
- An assessor will assess whether the structural failure meets the requirements of the warranty
- We will respond to your claim in writing to advise the outcome of the assessment
- Where the structural failure meets the requirements of the warranty, rectification works at our cost will commence within a reasonable time following the assessment
If it is found that we are responsible for any structural failure, then we will repair the item. Where the item is incapable of repair, we will replace the item to the extent necessary to rectify the structural failure.
If it is found that there is no structural failure or that the structural failure does not meet the requirements of this warranty, then all rectification works will be your responsibility.
Who is making the warranty?
|Impact Group Aus Pty Ltd ACN 100 923 297 trading as Privium Group and its subsidiaries.|
Address: Building D, Level 2, 54 Perrin Street, Underwood Qld 4119
Phone: 07 3489 6000