TERMS OF THE GUARANTEE
This Guarantee is in addition to any statutory warranty, guarantee, liability scheme or insurance guarantee in force within the relevant state in Australia.
The Guarantee is only granted to the original owners named in the building contract (Eligible Owners) and is not transferrable to subsequent owners. Where the Eligible Owners are a company or a trust the lifetime guarantee will be limited to 50 years or until such time when the controlling interest is transferred. The Guarantee only applies to new home building contracts that have been signed after 1 February 2019.
This Guarantee only applies to the Pathfinder and Canvas Series homes (Eligible Products). This Guarantee does not apply to townhouse products. For more information on the Pathfinder and Canvas Series homes, please visit our website at www.priviumhomes.com.au.
This Guarantee is for a period of the lifetime of the Eligible Owners or if the Eligible Owners are a company or a trust then the Guarantee will be for a period of 50 years or until such time when the controlling interest is transferred.
This Guarantee will protect your new home from structural failure, specifically the foundation and any structural components of the timber wall frame and roof framing. This Guarantee covers any of the following:
- Foundation systems, concrete or strip footings pursuant to the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards;
- Structural timbers and steel in wall or roof framing where structural failure is defined under the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards;
- Load bearing brick work where structural failure is defined under the Building Code of Australia and all relevant Australia Standards
Please note that this Guarantee is provided to the extent required by legislation current as at the time of the building of the home and we cannot be held liable to a higher standard should legislation be amended. It is therefore important that you check the current standards as at the time of the building contract, as the standards then current will apply.
We will rectify, at our cost, any structural failures under this Guarantee.
The Guarantee does not apply to any structural failure, defects or damage caused by:
- Misuse of your new home from the date of practical completion
- Modifications done to your new home after practical completion including alterations, pools, extensions or renovations
- A failure on your part to maintain your new home
- A failure on your part to follow our recommendations for maintenance and care of your new home including but not limited to landscaping recommendations, drainage or termite treatment maintenance
- Any acts of vandalism, terrorism or any natural and or environmental forces including weather, storms, fires, floods, earthquakes, wind and any termite damage
- Tree roots or plant growth such as planting trees, inappropriate planting of garden beds, poorly designed garden landscaping
- Poor surface draining
- Fair, wear and tear including minor cracking
- Marks, scratches, dents or defects to any non-structural items
Whilst the Guarantee provides you with peace of mind, you are still required to maintain your new home in accordance with our documentation provided to you at handover. In addition to any maintenance precautions, the guides below can also provide you with information to care for your new home after completion. Any failure to properly maintain the fittings or fixtures on your land including any drains, pipes, plumbing works and electrical wiring and appliances, will void this Guarantee.
|QLD||· QBCC guide – A Guide to Preventing Structural Damage
· STA – Home Owners Reference Guide
|VIC||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide
· New Home Guide – Guide to Planning Landscaping and Maintenance of Foundations document (provided to you at settlement of your new home)
|NSW||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide|
|SA||· CSIRO guide – Foundation Maintenance and Footing Performance: A Homeowner’s Guide|
How to make a claim?
Any claim under the Guarantee, is to be made in writing and either emailed or posted to the Privium Group for assessment. Contact details for making a claim can be found below.
Once your claim is received:
- Your claim will be reviewed and a representative from the Privium Group will contact you to attend an inspection
- An assessor will assess whether the structural failure meets the requirements of the Guarantee
- We will respond to your claim in writing to advise the outcome of the assessment
- Where the structural failure meets the requirements of the Guarantee, rectification works at our cost will commence within a reasonable time following the assessment
If it is found that we are responsible for any structural failure, then we will repair the item. Where the item is incapable of repair, we will replace the item to the extent necessary to rectify the structural failure. If it is found that there is no structural failure or that the structural failure does not meet the requirements of this Guarantee, then all rectification works will be your responsibility.
Who is making the Guarantee?
|Privium Pty Ltd ACN 100 923 297 trading as Privium Group.
Address: Building D, Level 2, 54 Perrin Street, Underwood Qld 4119
Phone: 07 3489 6000